Please start using our more robust New Forum, we have put this old forum in archive mode. Thanks.

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Tag as favorite
Scrollable Event in Flexy Gantt
rusdi
#1 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 2:37:43 AM

Our requirement is we have to set the width of the certain task to be equal(constant) even if we zoom in/out in flexy gantt.

We could able to achieve this by setting the barwidth to some constant value in Grid_Loaded event. Like the following
TaskItemControl tic = Extensions.FindAncestor<TaskItemControl>(grid);
tic.BarWidth=1

It works well when the zoom level is 0. But after we zoomed to a little more level like 2 to 3 levels and when the task exceeds the scroll bar view and when we need to press the "Page Right" scroll button, the task get back its own width(based on starttime and end time).

Is there is any possibility that I can set the width of the task constant on all views(zoomed.
Amarnath
#2 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 8:49:38 AM

Rusdi,

Before you try to do this, let us point you to the "Milestone" feature support in FlexyGantt.

You see when the FlexyGantt encounters a task with the same StartTime and EndTime, it will consider that a 'Milestone' and give it a width as set in the static FlexyGantt.MilestoneWidth property (default is 14). It will also center the Milestone task at the milestone-time.

Could you please check if this feature will work for you?

Thanks,
Amar
rusdi
#3 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 2:30:47 AM

Can you explain how this can be implemented.. ??

I have added the following code in the MainPage() method

TaskItemControl.MilestoneWidth = 1;

but still the MileStoneWidth varies as the zooming differs.

I am not sure how the FlexyGantt control will find this property and use it. It would be good if you explain little more.
Amarnath
#4 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 8:42:24 AM

Rusdi,

In FlexyGantt it always treat task as milestone only when its StartDate and EndDate is same, so in your case make sure that StartDate and EndDate is same for that particular task.

And if you still get this issue when StartDate and EndDate is same means, could you please help us by reproducing this issue in our install sample?

Thanks,
Amar
rusdi
#5 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 9:32:07 PM

Hi Amarnath,
I am sure that for Milestone the Start Date and the End Date is same.

Can you tell us how this property(MileStoneWidth) can be used. Because I am damn sure the way I implemented it wont give me the exact result. It would be really good if you explain how can I set this property to the flexyGantt control.

I have set the following
TaskItemControl.MileStoneWidth=1.0

// This sure wont give any result because I am just setting the static property with some value and TaskItemControl is totally independent class from the control. I couldn't find any way to set this through TaslItemTemplate also.

I hope you understand my question. Thanks for your time.
Amarnath
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:08:51 PM

Rusdi,

We have mailed you a sample where we set this MileStoneWidth static property and also show some 'milestones' in the chart. Because of this property, the milestones stay centered at the specific time in the chart area.

If you still can't fix the issue, could you update this sample and send it back to us, illustrating your issue?

Thanks,
Amar
Tag as favorite