Please start using our more robust New Forum, we have put this old forum in archive mode. Thanks.

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Tag as favorite
Selection fails
DIGI
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 08, 2014 2:28:06 AM

Hello,

currently I have a Problem by using the Gantt Component in a WPF Application who run's on a Terminalserver MS Server 2012. I have a scrollbar in the Gantt Component and when I try to select the lowest, I become a selection many rows upper.

The following function only work's if i use the Application with the Gantt Component locally.

Quote:
Dim position = e.GetPosition(fxgantt.GanttChart)
Dim task = GanttHelper.GetElementAtRow(Of GanttTask)(fxgantt.GanttChart, position)

Quote:
Public Shared Function GetElementAtRow(Of T As GanttTask)(chart As GanttChart, yOffset As Double) As T
yOffset += chart.VirtualizedVerticalUIScrollInfo.VerticalOffset * chart.RowHeight

For Each item As FlexyNodeData In chart.Items.Cast(Of FlexyNodeData)().Reverse()
Dim visualTreeItem = item.TreeViewItem
Dim task = TryCast(visualTreeItem.DataContext, T)
If task Is Nothing Then Continue For

Dim mousePos = chart.TranslatePoint(New Windows.Point(0, yOffset), visualTreeItem)

If mousePos.Y >= 0 AndAlso mousePos.Y < visualTreeItem.ActualHeight Then
Return task
End If
Next

Return Nothing
End Function

Can anybody say me how i can solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Raja - RadiantQ
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 2:06:48 PM

Digi,

We are looking on this, we will update you soon.
Thanks & Regards,
Rajagopal.
t.petau
#3 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 12:39:23 AM

Raja - RadiantQ wrote:
Digi,

We are looking on this, we will update you soon.

Hello,

can you say me whether there is a solution for my problem?
Our customer are currently very angry about this situation.

Thanks
Raja - RadiantQ
#4 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 8:10:30 AM

Digi,

Can you tell us what version of our WPF Gantt you are linking to? Could you please explain more what you mean by this here: "I have a scrollbar in the Gantt Component and when I try to select the lowest, I become a selection many rows upper."

Please provide a screenshot.
Thanks & Regards,
Rajagopal.
t.petau
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:58:44 AM

Hello,

i made two Screenshots.

The first shows the problem. i'am scrolled to the bottom an try to select a row but the selection (black bar) is any rows upper.

In the second you can see that i'am on top and the selection with the brush is correct.

https://onedrive.live.co...d=C27CB02EFC9F8493%21111
support
#6 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2014 3:17:09 PM

Hi,

So, could you clarify a bit more.

a) You scroll to the bottom.
b) And then when the user clicks on the bottom most row, you get hold of the task with code like this:

Code:
Dim position = e.GetPosition(fxgantt.GanttChart)
Dim task = GanttHelper.GetElementAtRow(Of GanttTask)(fxgantt.GanttChart, position)

and then you select the task?

c)But, the wrong task is selected when in Terminal server?

So, were you able to debug and determine that the "task" returned by GanttHelper.GetElementAtRow is returning the wrong task when scrolled down in Terminal Server?

Thanks
Support
t.petau
#7 Posted : Friday, August 01, 2014 8:29:39 AM

Hello,

all your Question I can answer with yes.
Raja - RadiantQ
#8 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 2:26:08 AM

Digi,

We looked a closer look at the GetElementOfRow method and it seems like "chart.TranslatePoint" is not working only when running in Terminal Server. This is a .NET API and we cannot really figure why this wouldn't work in a Terminal Server environment. Please check MSDN forums.
Thanks & Regards,
Rajagopal.
t.petau
#9 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2014 12:13:28 AM

Hello,

will you fix this Problem in a future release or can you give me and the other customer a workaround.

Thanks in advance
Raja - RadiantQ
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2014 10:02:26 AM

Digi,

We would love to, however the TranslatePoint is a .NET method, so that is something that has to be addressed by Microsoft. Have you reported this in an appropriate MSDN forum yet?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajagopal.
Tag as favorite